Hey Hey lovely Cake Community!
How are we doing today? It’s hump day, and I ain’t gonna lie… I have been dragging a little with a fussy babe who is a little off schedule from a long (but super fun!) weekend conference at our church. I left Knox for the first time with other people, down the hallway… but still, and it was really hard. I felt that mommy guilt, I had that postpartum anxiety for the first time to be super transparent, but it felt good and I know it was a necessary step to get completely back to normal. It felt so good to get back on stage leading worship. Sort of like that final puzzle piece that needed to be put back into place to feel 100% back to myself post-baby.
Ugh, new mommy stuff y’all. But enough about that, because I am SO EXCITED about this new year. There is so much new in my life in all areas, and I have been dreaming a lot about how to take our community to the next level. We have to keep in touch better through all the crazy Instagram changes (derp), and besides, who wants our community and contact to be limited to squares.. am I right?
This year, I will be sending out weekly emails with words of encouragement, scripture and devos, things I am reading and loving, and by being signed up for my emails you will be the first to know about new products and limited collections in the shop. You’ll never miss any new posts, because I will make sure you know what came out since the last email was sent and we will basically feel like best friends. 😉
As we move forward to all the new things, I have taken into account my top posts up to this point on The Cake by Hannah as a way to gauge what to bring for you this year. You all have sent me a lot of DMs and commented on posts I asked you about what you’d like to see on The Cake, and it ranges from fashion to what I am eating to mommying, and (most important to me) my faith and marriage.
So, first off, how do you sign up for my emails?
It’s real simple. On the right-hand side of this post is “Sign Up For Emails From Hannah” and “Subscribe”. Signing up for emails from me is going to get you my weekly, personal emails with thoughts/products/devos/etc. (this is the sweet stuff!). If you want an automatic email that simply let’s you know when I have a new blog post go live, that’s the “Subscribe” button. I suggest both, because I will have new posts go live different days than my personal emails. Easy enough, yeah?
(You are looking for this)
Now, let’s wander down memory lane a little.
Below are my top posts of 2016 and 2017. Say whaaa?! In the middle of the whole “I just had a baby” thing, I totally missed my blogiversarry. So happy birthday to The Cake by Hannah! You have made this small town girl’s dreams of writing and encouraging people for a living a reality, and I am so grateful.
- Positive Body Image ft. Kortni Jeane Swimwear- This has been my top read post (next to my Gender Reveal Party) for two years straight now… sounds like we ALL are on the same page about loving our skin and cheering others on! Read here.
- Gender Reveal Party- This has gone viral on Pinterest and I don’t even know how… but it’s so fun to hear from so many of you doing a similar box for your own parties!! LOVE IT. Check it out here.
- Change of Plans- The story of our almost farmhouse I left a letter on the front gate for and how we got into our first home. Read here.
- We are…- Announcing we were PREGNANT, which was the most exhilarating “Publish” I have ever pressed. It also somehow went viral on Reddit because someone posted I was a dumb Christian woman whose husband forces her to have kids. LOL. Thanks for the traffic, haters! Read here.
- Welcome To Our House- The process of buying our first home and the scripture I held onto throughout the LONG process. Read here.
- Nursery Reveal ft. DaVinci Baby- Our cute ‘classy safari’ themed nursery came out even better than I could have hoped, and I am so obsessed. I have ALL THE THINGS linked in this one. Read here.
- How We Started Sleeping Through the Night With Our Newborn- One of my newest posts, I shared our routine with Knox and how we are sleeping on average 6 hours a night straight with our newborn baby. (SAY WHAT?! It’s true!) Read here.
- Welcome Knox Chandler!– The (not so easy) story of how bubba came into the world. Read here.
- Welcome To Our House- How we got into our first home. Read here.