Happy Thursday, y’all! Today is your day… I just know it. I am cheering you on. I know the last few days… months… year for all of us has been incredibly heavy. I hope you find hope in reminding yourself today that this world IS NOT OUR HOME. We have temporary angst here and will replace it with eternal life in a home that is free of … all the mess. Keep the faith. Keep loving others. Keep praying for peace in such unsettling times. You can’t control what’s happening in the world, but you can control what happens in your home, your heart, and your sphere of influence.
I am sharing 5 things I am loving right now that have brought something of significance to my life or routine lately. It’s fun to share my favorite new pair of shoes or jeans or whatever, but today I want to give you things that have truly helped a sista out lately hehe.
- Eat to Evolve Meals: WHOA, lunch just got easier. I gave them a shot and really love having some healthy lunches and breakfast in my fridge. Right now, Cadence is doing 21 days of fasting. Every year we kick off the new year with 21 days of prayer and fasting. We pray for vision, direction, and revelation. Paul is doing a Daniel Fast, which means no meats or sweets or … well, a lot of things. I am doing a fast from social media until 10 am everyday *for reference, I am usually up working around 6:30 AM every day and my job IS social media* and no alcohol/clean eating. These meals are categorized as Paleo/Keto/Whole30, and I just pop in the microwave for 90 seconds.
**Join us in the fast! You can at any time. It can be a food fast or a soul fast. We really believe that in our weakness, God is made strong. When we step aside and remove distractions or vices, we are more in tune with the Lord. Fasting is key to prioritizing and hearing from God.**
- Make Life Beautiful: You guys, if you have an entrepreneur bone in your body… read this. I got the book hoping it’d be a design book for our home/I just like them so I figured maybe I would enjoy their book… Oh my gosh. I had to actually stop reading it before bed, because it fired up my creativity too much to sleep. I was waking up in the night with new ideas. I now enjoy reading it in the morning after my devotional to spark my creative juices for the day.
- Pumping Bra: Okay, listen, we all know I had a word or two to say about Elvie. I was thoroughly disappointed in my product and even more so by the customer service. BUT, before it broke on me… it was really nice to work hands free while pumping. This bra has helped significantly. I can work again while pumping (which is every 3-5 hours depending on let down still) as I exclusively pump.
- Vital Proteins Collagen: I shared about this on my stories last week and I am definitely including it on this list today. I use it every morning and my hair literally went from falling out by the clumps to … not. Literally within 24 hours I went from coming to terms wiht the fact I might need to wear a wig for a bit to hopeful my hair would grow back since it quit falling out.
- The Ordinary: This stuff is the real deal and only $10. I wash my face and apply a small dollop to my face for the day. I have also learned to SERIOUSLY stay far away from your eyes… haha. I think I accidentally got it on my lids by not washing my hands before applying moisturizer? Anyways, regardless of how it got there… it did. And my lids swelled up. But that’s on me lol. This stuff has brightened my skin and even my skin tone out significantly. And did I mention it’s ONLY $10!!! Do not spend $100 on a Vitamin C Serum. This one is fantastic.