Okay, so it’s September and tomorrow is nearly 90 degrees *although, we’ve been in the 70’s a few days and it’s been such a teaser to fall!!* But I am in full on fall mode around here, pumpkin decor, pumpkin candles, pumpkin coffee… All the things. 😉 In general, my home is a fairly neutral palette with warm touches throughout year round (golds, rusty shades, and blush), so adding fall into my home is really natural. However, I definitely don’t have pumpkins and pinecones around all year long and I LIVE FOR THE DAY I CAN GET THEM OUT. This week has given such a tease for fall weather, and we even whipped up my favorite chili for our inaugural pot of the year last night. (You can try this creamy chicken recipe or this traditional one of mine!) I am a stickler for waiting until the first cool night of the year to eat chili!
I am sharing below some of my tips to adding budget-friendly fall pieces to your home that make a big difference along with some other current faves!
- We got this new throw for the couch and it’s just the perfect touch of warmth for the space! I have it casually draped over the corner. We bought the neutral shade that we stumbled upon in store, but I see they have one called “Bronze” online and I sorta want to buy that one, too… hehe. I might add it to our chair in our bedroom!
- I bought these little white and gold mini pumpkins last year and love them. I scatter them all over the house and they instantly make it feel like fall!
- Amber vases add touches of fall immediately to your home! I found a set of six for you on Amazon and then a bit more of a pricier option.
- Fall foliage – give me all the fake wheat and leaves! I do little arrangements in the vases around our home and add the little pumpkins in and around them with pine cones strategically placed throughout as well.
- Pumpkin scents: GIVE ME PUMPKIN EVERYTHING. However, I certainly have a select few that are my favorites. Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, and Pumpkin Cupcake! Right now Bath and Body Works has buy one, get one on their 3 wick candles!
- My Go-To *low cal* Starbucks order: A grande coffee with steamed coconut milk and 1 pump of pumpkin. It’s just enough pumpkin and sweetness to satisfy the PSL itch without the calories. And, frankly, the PSL is just too thick and sweet for me as is, so this is a nice balance!
Here’s a full round-up of items to warm up your living room!
On a separate note entirely, I have been using the Studio McGee Presets for my feed and editing, and I am REALLY pleased with them. I have been wanting to change my feed to a crisper, more “real” edit (less creamy/orangey) and these have been amazing. Their home played a heavy hand in our own home build’s design, so I figured their edits were going to be great for our new space and wanted to start using them. If you’re looking for a more “natural” toned edit- these are AMAZING. It’s $58 for 8 different ones (they all work together and are interchangeable!), but are 20% off right now with “YAY20”.
Hope you guys have the best Friday evening with somebody you love!
Leave a Reply