Today I have teamed up with Luxe and Bloom for a special giveaway for a quiet time box I curated with them! I believe I am a better mom, wife, boss, and self every day because I spend time with the Lord, write out the things I am grateful for and praying for, and setting my thoughts straight. This quiet time box will hopefully help you do this, too.
Luxe and Bloom is a special curated collection of top notch items to create custom gift boxes for the special people in your life. This is such a great idea for birthdays or wedding parties! OR that friend who had a tough week. There are literally so many options to pick from, and they’re items worth your time. We are talking brands you find in Anthropologie, including my favorite Volcano Candle, Rifle Paper Co., and Sugarfina (to name a few!). You can curate a box [or pick from pre-made ones] and have it shipped directly to the recipient’s door. What a sweet surprise to give somebody you care about!
To enter the giveaway is SIMPLE:
- Follow this link to sign up for our emails!
- Follow me (@hannahmcmorrison and @shopluxeandbloom )
- Like and tag 2 friends on my post for giveaway in my IG feed!
3 Tips to Better Your Quiet Time
As a mommy and business owner, I often have to wake up at 5:30 or earlier to get in some “me time.” I am also most creative when it’s dark out and a cup of coffee in hand. However, I have also learned to listen to my body in this season of life and can easily sleep until 7 or later. Whatever you choose, though, setting a moment for you and God is key to a fulfilling quiet time. Here are 3 things I do to make it special, whether it’s an hour or just a quick 10 minute breather with the Lord before I take on my day. I cannot do anything without Him, and I never want to start my day thinking I can.
- Set a scene! I mean it. Light a candle, have a seat that’s YOUR seat for reading, make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, and take a few deep breaths before starting. Jesus made it possible to speak directly with God as our father, but He is still God. Approach Him with honor and expectancy in a space that was prepared for him. It doesn’t have to be extravagant by any means. It’s more so a reflection of where your heart is as you prepare to commune with the Lord.
- Ask the Lord to reveal something to you in today’s scripture that He wants to teach you. It’s crazy how the same scripture will hit me differently depending on the season of life. God’s word is breathed by Him and is alive, meaning it is constantly ministering and meeting people where they are at by the power of the Holy Spirit. It’s always relevant because God is always relevant and beyond the concept of time. Your Bible can impress on your heart whatever the Lord wants it to today – ask for Him to reveal it.
- Prayer/Thankfulness. The devil cannot defeat a thankful heart. I believe a grateful heart is the starting point for God to work. When we recognize all He has done for us and will do, He can work for us on our behalf. Likewise, bitterness and victimhood are where the Devil loves to simmer in and get you stuck. When we live in a state of mind that is “Whoa! Look what you’ve done and your mercy on me!” vs. “Woe is me, my life is a wreck and I am a sinner” … God can just do so much more. Yes, we are sinners. That’s why Jesus had to die for us. Never lose a reverence and gratitude for THAT. He defeated sin and death on the cross. Life is a joyous event – act like it. I write out every day what I feel thankful for, sometimes pages long. Then, I write my prayers – also sometimes pages long. But I want to make sure I, first and foremost, and God hear out of my mouth how much I see He has done. Then, my prayers and requests are spoken in faith. It’s like saying, “Wow look at all the things I just wrote out that you’ve done for. I am praying and asking in faith for these things to be more than I could have ever asked or imagined, too.
I hope this helps you enhance your time with God! AND, I hope you check out Luxe and Bloom for gift ideas!! Don’t forget to enter to win my box curated for a lucky winner – a winner is announced on Sunday.