It’s Mid-May, which means we are full swing into pool season, people!
This means it’s time to stock up on those bathing suits and kiss goodbye insecurities that might be keeping us from stepping a toe into the water this summer. I have teamed up with Dillards to show off four of their swimsuits available (among thousands of options!) and to promote their Swim Day TOMORROW, Saturday May 14th. Swim Day is THE day to go purchase swim wear in store, because you will get rewarded for doing so! Spend $100 or more (which is likely just one swim suit), and you will receive a gift from Dillards that could include a tote bag, hat, and so many other pool side necessities.
Rewarded for shopping? Sign me up!
I have FOUR completely different suits to show off that will appeal to different ladies looking for different kinds of styles + with different kinds of body types, and to cater to different personalities.
1. I have a high-waisted suit by Betsey Johnson that is PERFECT to cover up that tummy while still being in a true two piece. This one made someone from the balcony yell down during our shoot and ask where it was from. (That’s a good sign!) Basically, this one channels that inner Taylor Swift we all have a little (or a lot) of.
2. A fun white suit by Kate Spade with the most coverage on the bottoms (these are my favorite fit!) and a super stylish rosette top. The roses are 3D… I am obsessed. Great news, too, I tested out the bottoms in the water for you (it was 60 degrees!), and I can confirm that these white bottoms are not see-through!
3. A sultry one piece with cutouts. This one was surprisingly my FAVORITE. It will certainly be one I wear for romantic getaways like our staycation to Four Seasons this June for my birthday- it is the most flattering. I had no idea it would be my favorite. The cutouts rest right on the tummy lines where you SHOULD have abs… so it comes across as though you do. What could be better?
4. A fun + flirty bikini by Jessica Simpson. This one has great coverage on top that I really appreciated. I suggest going up a size in the bottoms, because they fit a little small. (Keep those cheeks covered!) I love the color of this one, too!
5. The perfect cover-up from Vince Camuto! If this wasn’t a swim suit cover up… I would be rocking this cute dress all the time, because I am OBSESSED with it. I love the way it lays over the swim suit underneath- it just barely shows off your top. SO CUTE.
Once you are equipped with the perfect suit, you have to get the perfect poolside reads and tunes for those summer days coming right around the corner.
My poolside reads?
Shauna Niequist– she is the BEST. I have read Bittersweet and Bread & Wine (both featured in this post) and I am working on finishing up the rest of hers before her new book comes out. Reading a Shauna Niequist book feels like chatting over a cup of coffee on the back porch with your best friends.
Harry Potter– Yes, I realize I am so behind the times it’s just not even funny. But, I wasn’t a reader as a child, I was more of the “play house” and have imaginary friends to play with outside kind of girl.
… I had three imaginary mice inspired by Cinderella that I carried around in a bird cage.
So, yes. Now, I am diving into Harry Potter. I am on the second book and am obsessed.
We are talking like Texas country, old school Garth, or dare I say the Dixie Chicks. (<<<<my first cd I ever bought with my own money at age 6).
Josh Abbott Band takes the gold for country summer soundtrack, though.
#OhTonight and #She’sLikeTexas speak to me.
I will say, though, aside from country, The 1975 are killing it and they have some great summer soundtracks that are just happy, feel good beats.
ALL OF THIS IS SECONDARY TO WHAT I AM ABOUT TO MAKE YOU PROMISE WITH ME TO YOURSELF. Something FAR MORE important than which swim suit you choose to purchase this Saturday.
Vow With Me:
I, insert name here, promise I will not miss out on life by the pool this summer and all the fun things summer has to offer, because of the fear of being in a bathing suit. I promise to be proud of my body exactly as it is- every square inch of skin, every scar, every stretch mark, every pooch at the bottom of my tummy, every imperfection- because I am perfect EXACTLY AS I AM.
Got it? GOOD.
You are SO BEAUTIFUL… BELIEVE IT. Now go out, grab some of your best friends, and get to swim suit shopping tomorrow. Make a day of it! Go shopping and grab lunch afterwards with your besties. Dillards has so many choices (THOUSANDS) and you are sure to find a suit or two that you feel confident in and ready to rock.
All photos provided for The Cake by Hannah by Cottonwood Road Photography