Happy happy Thursday, y’all! You did it, you made it to the ALMOST weekend.
Today I am answering in one spot my most asked questions I get through DM’s. They range from what my glasses are (literally, my most asked question!), to what make-up I wear, to what my dog is, to what Paul and I ACTUALLY do (lol)… I am answering it ALL for ya today. This is fun, right?
Let’s get started!
(scroll to the bottom for links to any products I mention in this post!)
- Hey, Hannah, so like what do you actually do? But actually… this is a real question I get a lot and fair enough- I have a trillion different job titles! I am a full-time blogger, shop owner (The Cake Shop), worship leader at my church, and pastor’s wifey (so I have lots of events throughout the week I am at for the church and I have some roles with admin for students). Every day looks COMPLETELY different and I thrive off of that. I was not made to work from behind a desk- props to my friends (you know who you are) that LOVE their office and desk environment. Thank God he made us all different- amen?
- How old are you and Paul? I am 25 and Paul is 27!
- What does Paul do exactly? Other than be a RAD Instagram husband… Paul is a Youth and Young Adults Pastor at Anchor Church. We moved to Mckinney, TX two years ago in September to help plant Anchor Church, and it was the best decision we ever made in our marriage/for our careers/for community… literally the best. Literally every single day we say “can you believe this is our life?” to one another. I love working alongside him and collaborating together all day long. We don’t take it for granted!
- What are your glasses? Arguably my most asked question, my glasses are from Warby Parker. They are the Laurel, Tea Rose Fade.
- What make-up do you use? I always go back to my Bare Minerals. I love love love their Bare Skin line, and it’s 1000% what I wear the most. Although, recently, I have been test reviewing Adele Natural Cosmetics, and I am a BIG FAN of their cream foundation. I use that and their translucent powder as of late with my Bare Skin concealer by BM. I use the BM Lash Domination mascara, too. My eye lashes and brows are tinted and shaped by @southernchicwax.
- How do you get your curls? What’s craziest about this question is that my hair is naturally board straight, and all growing up I couldn’t curl my hair to save my life. Like… when I was captain of my dance team in high school I finally got to make every one straighten their hair for performances instead of trying to get my hair to curl… ANYWAYS. I use the Sultra Curling Wand, 1.5 inch rod. It’s AMAZING and their warranty is also really good. I take thinner strands, and I don’t curl to the end of my hair- this gives the beachy mermaid look. Then I spray and brush out the ends.
- What kind of dog is Presley? I know, I know- she is the cutest dog in the whole wide world. 😉 Presley is an f1b Goldendoodle. There are three different generations of Goldendoodles, and the f1b is the gen who sheds the least (they are all hypoallergenic and shed minimally). But, Presley virtually doesn’t shed… like at all. It’s amazing. Every doodle I have every met has a similar, goofy, very human-like personality, and I cannot suggest the breed enough.
- Where is your coffee table from? Our coffee table was actually a wedding gift that a very good friend of ours MADE for us. We painted it white recently to go with our new furniture. If you want one, you can DM @alyssaemilyfurr. 🙂 Our sofa and love seat are from Nebraska Furniture.Someone also asked as a “last minute q” what I would define my home decor style as. I am a mix of farmhouse meets glam. I love gold and copper accents, but definitely gravitate toward white, white, white with pops of color and metallics. Our cowhide rug and gold Moroccan inspired media stand in the living room mixed with neutrals and white wood is the perfect example of my style. Soo… If I came up with a name for my style?… “Glam Farmhouse” (??). Sure, that sounds pretty right. Writing that out is really funny, because it’s actually totally who I am as a person who loves nice things but grew up in the country with goats and way too many cats… lol.
9. What is it that you are allergic to? What kind of doctor did you see? Last July, I opened up about my journey of getting healthy and how a crazy Bio-magnetic (I swear, it’s a real thing…) scientist doctor found out that I was allergic to YEAST (like, have been since I was a baby) and was never diagnosed. Up to that point, I knew I couldn’t eat gluten- I had been gluten free for almost 5 years. But this was a whole new level of food restrictions I had no clue I needed. The undiagnosed allergy has caused a slew of issues in my life over 24 years of eating things I shouldn’t be, like a swollen brain for starters, but he completely changed my diet, gave me tons of supplements to boost my healing process, and a year later I can say I feel AMAZING and strongly believe I got pregnant so easily when we decided it was time to start trying for a family because of my diet and health changes.
10. When is your baby due? December 9th!
11. When did you start your shop? The Cake Shop launched November 3rd of LAST YEAR. I can’t believe it’s been almost a year. I flipping love you guys and your support!
Shoes Pictured in Blog Photo:
Seriously LOVE YOU GUYS, and I am so thankful for each and every one of you. Thanks for following The Cake by Hannah and being part of my life.