Woowee, y’all. It’s like .2 degrees outside here and rainy in Texas while I am writing this but in two days it’s supposed to be near 70 again… I just am R E A D Y for some spring. Womp womp. In the mean time, it’s that time of the month to share my FIVE CURRENT FAVES.
- IT Hello Lashes Mascara: Y’all, this is the best mascara I have bought to date. I tend to buy different mascaras from Sephora or Ulta regularly to test new ones out, and then share my findings. This one is seriously the best one, and it’s the same price point as the rest I have bought. ($24) I might be done testing mascaras out…
- Blonde Flat White: Ever since having Knox I feel like I have made up in excess for my cut in caffeine during 9 months of pregnancy… I go get me a Blonde Flat White from Starbucks way more than I would like to admit. The best way to have it is as is with the whole milk, which is surprisingly only 170 calories. I have also done it with almond milk a few times. It has a different, less smooth taste to it. But, it’s good still. There is just something really satisfying about walking around my grocery store or making my errands happen with a coffee in one hand and pushing a stroller with the other. Just call me super mom?
- Layered Coffee Shop: You guys, if you follow my stories you have definitely seen me post about this place. It’s a new coffee shop on the square, and their latte art is AMAZING. They printed my face out once on my cappuccino. They were originally just a cake shop in Dallas who brought their sugar to a new level with top notch coffee and food. If you’re ever on the square in downtown Mckinney, this place is a must stop.
- Dr. Brown Bottles: So, I talked a little bit about this on my stories this week, but we have exclusively breast fed my entire pregnancy. I do however pump and bottle feed usually 4/5 feedings almost every single day because I like to know exactly how much Knox is getting. Now, we are also having to supplement a bottle a day with formula to help Knox gain some extra pounds, so more than ever before, the bottles we use are very important. We originally were using MAM the most, but a friend got us a Doctor Brown bottle, and we don’t like to use anything else now. It seems to be the closest thing to the real deal for Knox, if ya know what I am saying, which helps less spillage out the sides of the bottle. I feel like a bit of my soul is lost when a ton of breast milk spills out the sides of his mouth while feeding. That stuff is liquid gold! You can’t go throwing that stuff around like that! We also experience a lot less gassy bubbles after a feeding with these bottles because of their special design.
- Tula Kefir Mask: OOO y’all. This mask is like unicorn magic. It’s pretty, first of all. It really does come out iridescent and unicorny. But, even more important, it made my skin glowing and noticeably different after the first use. You can use a code Tula made for me because I loved this stuff so much “cakebyhannah” for 20% off at checkout for all of you to try!
All photos by Cottonwood Road Photography for The Cake by Hannah
Leave a Reply