This past weekend was seriously one of the sweetest of my life. Celebrating Baby K with an absolutely Pinterest worthy shower hosted by my three best friends, mom, and God Mom made for such a sweet, happy tears filled mush-fest, and I loved every moment. It’s amazing having the same best friends since you were a pre-teen/teenager, because you literally do every single life moment together. The celebrations, the losses, the pivotal changes, and everything in between. I am the luckiest girl in the world. To be known and loved by three people like I am by them is the greatest gift.
I have been asked quite a bit what we registered for, where we registered, what we got, etc. Great news: I am doing a whole nursery reveal and rundown in November, but I also realize many of you are creating your own registries right now for your own upcoming showers, so I wanted to go ahead and start sharing what we’ve received and registered for to help you mommas to be out the best I can. Clearly, I haven’t used any of the items I have received yet, thus personal reviews of my favorite items will come after baby arrives. I registered for the things I have on my list through lots of review reading/friends who have kids advice. I hope it helps you and makes registering for things just a tad bit easier… because HOLY SMOKES it’s overwhelming! So many options for things I have NO CLUE what to do with.
- 4Moms mamaRoo Plush Infant Seat– This is your bouncer/swing (and whole lot more) all in one. With 5 settings, you get to pick what motion to set it to. The price tag feels hefty, but -again- it’s a few different items all in one and high-quality.
- Baby Jogger City Select LUX- The stroller abyss is a dark hole that feels bottomless with options, and you just really don’t know what the heckkkk you’re looking for. This one is AMAZING, though. High-quality, easy to breakdown and set-up for travel, easy to maneuver. The price point is a little high compared to other options, BUT it is setting you up for cheaper in the long run if you plan to have more than one kid. It’s made to add onto and move up in years with your growing family. There are tons of different attachments you can get to make it exactly what you want. (And, because of the quality, you can rest assured it actually will make it through kid 2 or 3.)
- city GO Infant Carseat– Listen, I didn’t know what in the world I am supposed to have or get until a very nice sales associate at Babies R Us walked my mom and I through every stage and necessity for baby. Like, I literally thought you buy a stroller and baby sits in it… no. Newborns have to have a different carrier and carseat that attaches to your stroller that they will eventually grow into… I KNOW. Mind.Blown. This one is the carrier that adapts with the City Select strollers. You can buy different brands, but you have to buy adapters specifically made to attach that brand of carrier to your brand of stroller. It’s easiest to stick within the same brands, but not impossible to mix and match!
- Graco 4Ever All-in-One Convertible Carseat- This seat is AMAZING. Again, slightly pricey, but your investing in something that will last you years. Literally, years. This seat is designed to grow with baby from infant to child. Rather than purchasing other seats as your child hits new milestones, this literally just expands with them for you. This doesn’t attach to your stroller, so you still have to buy the carrier (like the one I linked above) to take on walks in stroller/travel with in tote as a 0-3 infant. (Or longer depending on when they are able to sit more upright in the stroller.)
- Graco Bumper Jumper- Kind of stupidly excited about this one. It’s for when bubba is a little bigger, likely 5 months up or so, but it’s going to make entertaining baby while being a working momma from home a whole lot easier! It attaches to the door frame and they can bounce around, be upright and active while still seeing mommy and being “involved” (as opposed to laying in a bouncer or swing, which they will start to dislike during awake time because they’re more alert and want to see). I imagine packing orders, cooking, and getting ready in the bathroom with Baby K bouncing around in the doorway all the while.
- Fisher Price On-the-Go Baby Dome- This will be great for tummy time at home (the dome is removable), and for traveling with Bubba. I imagine him laying in this Wednesday nights for youth and Sunday mornings while I am in rehearsal on stage. He can lay on his tummy, play, and see everything going on with confined and protected in public spaces.
- Ingenuity FoldAway Rocking Bassinet- To be honest, I first wanted this just because it’s pretty and would go with my bedroom aesthetic… just being honest haha. But, the reviews match its look and we love it! It’s already sitting in our bedroom ready for sleepless (or by God’s grace, SLEEP FILLED) nights as a newborn sleeping by our bedside. It’s incredibly easy to fold up and carry, and will make traveling to grandma and grandpa’s house easy!
- DockATot- Everybody registers for them, but… they really do seem like an amazing investment! Our plan is to sleep train in the DockATot. We will swaddle Baby K, place in DockATot, and then place the DockATot in whatever sleeper he is in at that stage (bassinet, crib, etc.) This helps the transition to sleeping alone, in theory, easier because he is in a known confined space despite being in a different room or surrounding. We are aiming to not co-sleep, BUT if there are sleepless nights that Baby K isn’t letting us get a wink… I will do whatever it takes. The DockATot can sleep in between mom and dad in bed safely.
I have been told so many opinions of brands for bottles and what not, and so I actually ended up registering for a couple from a few different brands to see what Baby K takes to best.
Ingenuity Trio 3-in-1 Highchair– This highchair matches the gorgeous bassinet we got, and -like many of the things we are registered- it’s designed with the future in mind.
Boppy- These are great for laying baby on while feeding and then transition to help with tummy time and sitting up. I loved the print of this one!
Nursery Decor & Furniture
When planning our decor, I literally could not come up with words for my “theme” I had in mind except for “zoo animals… but not like cartoony or obnoxious. Classy zoo animals.” I also was dead set on monochrome, creams & tans… Paul loves orange… so we had to find a middle ground. I really think we found the perfect balance of fun & colorful but soft and sweet.
Nursery Set- c/o DaVinci Baby (more to come in full nursery reveal)
Giraffe Painting- I am really sad, because paintings on white wood from Babies R Us that set the whole tone for our nursery are not on the site and I cannot find them ANYWHERE to link for you. But, this is a very similar idea. We are putting our giraffe and zebra painting above the crib as the focal point of the room.
Lion Throw- This was part of the orange vs. neutrals debate. As I mentioned, I wanted creams and beige. I was registered for the cutest sheep quilt and bedding, BUT alas, marriage is all about compromise and I wanted something Paul was excited about, too. So we debated all over the store about bedding that was way too cartoony vs. too monochrome. Then, almost in tears (me, not Paul), we were leaving and we walked by this and I said “THAT! Now that I can do.” We loved it and the rest was history haha.
Gold Foil Canvas Bins- I have so many canvas bins for storage in the room it’s outrageous haha. These are out on display, though, on top of the dresser. I am storing all things diaper changing in them, and all of his swaddles! Cute & organized is the name of the game for me.
Photos by my talented cousin Kallie Cheves
Baby K’s middle name is my Mamma’s maiden name/daddy’s middle name. It’s a strong name from a strong woman I love so much!