As Knox is getting older [and a Christmas time baby!], it’s so fun to make the entire Christmas season exciting with new adventures and surprises. This year, I am using the Advent Prep Club to custom tailor our 25 days of surprises from their resource guide of over 150 activities. They are so fun and provide you every link, tool, and printable resource you could possibly need, including a budget spreadsheet to help you navigate having fun WISELY this Christmas season. You sign up and have full access all season long! It’s GENIUS. I have known the owners of this fun idea for years, and have personally watched them do this Advent calendar for about 6 years- long before they ever turned it into a resource for others to use! They make Christmas so magical for their girls, and I can’t wait to do this for our boys. Follow this link to see more.
I don’t want to share our WHOLE calendar of events, because I really want to encourage you to 1. Make your own and 2. Support this small family-owned business! But here’s 10 of my favorite ideas we will be doing at a wide range of price points:
- Bed time story with somebody special: My hope would be to surprise the boys with their grandparents for a special reading of a Christmas book!
- Christmas Charcuterie Board + a Movie: Knox LOVES “making” in the kitchen, so anything that can have him be a chef is a win for him!
- Donuts in Jammies with Dad: Self explanatory 😉
- Living Room Slumber Party with Mom and Dad: We are talking DECKED OUT, twinkle lights, sleeping bags, and snowflakes hanging from the ceiling!
- North Park Santa: He IS the real Santa Claus
- Visit a Christmas Tree Farm
- Pick This Year’s SPECIAL Ornament: I want our boys to pick out a special ornament every year for their tree!
- Random Rudolph Gift Exchange with BFFs: Every year, my best friends and I draw names for our babies and they buy one another gifts and we all hang out. It’s so fun and one of my favorite nights of the season.
- Bake and Decorate Birthday Cupcakes for Jesus: Again, Knoxy LOVES to “make.” But, I really can start teaching him about the story of Christmas this year on a deeper level, and I can’t wait to dive into that with him.
- The Polar Express for Knoxy’s Birthday: There’s a few Polar Express experiences in the area, but we are buying tickets for this one in Palestine, TX. Word on the street is it’s the most magical! Majority of our Advent experiences are free or very minimal cost. This one is our splurge for Knox’s birthday!
Colorful Advent calendars to put your surprises in:
Happy Advent Prepping! I hope you check out this site and sign-up for their resources to making Christmas as magical as possible for your family.