Hey girl, hey! First thing’s first… raise your hand if you have made it into a nail salon since last Friday’s re-openings….
*raises hand* I got my toes done last Saturday and am going again this Friday for a manicure, and I am just so dang ready. The real question is what do I do for my first manicure in 2.5 months?! 😉
Obviously, there are so many other things worth our time and attention right now. But, it’s also a small glimpse of hope and a simple joy that feels like life is going back to “normal” – even if it requires a face mask for the time being. I hope you’re finding little joys in this season of life and transition. I wanted to share with y’all my most up to date every day make-up and skincare! Quarantine has required intentionality of me to feel put together, and that’s meant many days of this very simple make-up look!
- Clinique Even Better Foundation: This is for real the best foundation I have ever used. It’s light and dewy feeling, but the coverage is great. I feel like I found my BEST skin match to date with this as well.
- Two Faced Chocolate Gold Bronzer: I love this stuff! I use a big brush for this and just sweep across my cheek bones and up the side of my hair line. I also put it on the very tip of my nose for a button-nose look. I took this trick from Cara Loren and love it!
- Watts Up Cream to Powder Highlighter: I dab the tip of my nose and then line the top of my eye brows with this!
- Anastasia Eye Brow Definer: This has legit been a game changer for me in regards to feeling “put together.” There are many days I don’t even touch my mascara, but if this + the previous 3 things are done… I feel 100%!
- Mascara: I have used Big Ego for about 6 months and like it a lot! I also have used Tarteist, and I just ordered their new Sea Surfer Curl!
- Translucent Powder: I love this stuff. It sets my foundation and provides a good runway for bronzer without my skin feeling greasy or wet. It doesn’t, however, take away the dewy glow of my foundation. It’s so light and does its job well!
Morning Skin Care Routine
- Face Wash: I use good ole Neutrogena lately and have actually been extremely pleased. My “splurge” face washes are Drunk Elephant and Tula’s, though.
- Tula Eye Cream: I love this stuff! I use it every night no matter which evening skincare routine I follow, and I always use on my fine creases I have around my mouth and T-zone.
- C.E.O. Cream: I love this to start the day! Pair it with any Vitamin C serum – do serum then the moisturizer. But, Sephora has a new line of $20 serums (vs. $80+ for most!!) and I am trying it out. I will keep ya posted. $20 Vitamin C Serum, here.
- Tula Blurring Primer: This is one of my favorite products I have ever used! Put it on after you wash and moisturize and before applying make-up. Give some time between moisture and primer to let everything really settle in.