Heya family! How you doing these days? Oddly enough, I can say I am doing alright! We’ve been so intentional about getting out and doing things since all this Corona stuff, and it’s been so good for us. It’s honestly been neat that we are in a season of life and transition right now that has allowed us to truly be so present and all-in as a family through these last couple of months. With Paul in transition and home all day, we’ve had so much fun soaking in these final weeks as a family of three. He’s also been helping me run all things The Cake and managing clients, and he’s killing it at stocks which has been fun to learn.
As Texas is slowly re-opening, I am SO ready to get back to normalcy and am already planning our next date nights. This momma needs A DATE. We went a couple weeks ago when restaurants first re-opened to 25% capacity to our favorite spot, Sixty Vines, and it was so life giving. Not to mention, we were so impressed with their above and beyond service to protect guests and keep them comfortable in these odd times of transition. I wanted to share with y’all a couple of our favorite date night spots in the area + our favorite dishes we order. BUT, even if you aren’t local, I hope this encourages you to make intentional time with your special somebody EVEN when things are odd. this is applicable in the current state of circumstances… but also just LIFE in general. Whether you’re ready to start adventuring out or prefer to stay home a bit longer, I hope you are making date nights happen.
Our Favorite Dinner Spots
- Sixty Vines: Y’all, this is for sure our favorite date night spot. Plano is closest, but we also love to adventure down to the Uptown location in Dallas from time to time. It’s the most beautiful restaurant and their menu is so dang good. They have WINE on tap (and other drinks). But, their specialty is wine, hence the name Sixty VINES. We always without a doubt order the Crispy Zucchini, and last time we were there the chef even printed off the recipe for us to make at home. WHAT?! I have ordered just about everything on this menu at this point. But, my favorite is the Fig & Prosciutto Pizza, Orecchiette Pasta, and Half Chicken. Any of these are GREAT choices. Pair with a red wine or the Vine Huggers Rose for a delicious dinner.
- Fireside Pies: This is our go-to if we just really want pizza. They have multiple locations, too, but we love the Plano location at Legacy. I order their Burrata Pie and add Prosciutto with gf crust EVERY SINGLE TIME. Paul orders the Balsamic Chicken Pie.
- Mesero’s: This is our favorite place to go to for Mexican lately. It’s yummy, not overpriced, and the environment is great. I often order their tacos! But, honestly, just usually eat too much of their variety of salsas and chips to finish my meal… hehe. They have fantastic margaritas, too, if you’re looking for something fresh and tasty to sip on!
- Haywire: This restaurant is SO FUN. If you love environment, this place is lacking zero of it. It’s three stories of fun, delicious food, locally sourced food, and all the things. I highly suggest the pork chops or any of their steaks. Their house salad has goat cheese from heaven on it, and as silly as it sounds … their simple House Salad is one of my favorite salads I have ever tried!
- Tupelo Honey: This place is delicious, cute inside, AND at a fun location in The Star by the Cowboy’s Practice Facility. There is just a fun environment all throughout this area, and the restaurant furthers the fun. We come here a lot… hehe. When in doubt, Tupelo Honey. Paul says they’re the best ribs he has ever had and he order them every single time. They do seasonal switch-ups, but the Blackberry Habanero are by far his favorite to date. I switch up my order often here, because I love trying new things! But, the Sweet Tea Brined Chicken with cheesy grits is a WINNER CHICKEN DINNER in my book. I have actually ONLY ever eaten grits here. Never had any other grits in my life, and I honestly don’t know if I want or need to. These are GOAT CHEESE GRITS, people. SO GOOD.
I rounded-up my top sellers and most asked about items lately for you, too, for a quick reference if you’ve asked for a link recently!