Praise the Lord (PTL!), it’s pumpkin spice season! October brings up a giddiness from deep within me that says, “Let’s bake apple pies and drink pumpkin spiced coffee all day long.” Call me #basic… It’s fine. 😉 I get it, there are a lot of calories in a traditional pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks to drink one every single day. And, for me, sometimes I want pumpkin but I want to mix it up a little. I am sharing 5 ways to order pumpkin in your coffee this fall that will blow your mind!
I am shown below in The Cake Shop’s PTL for the PSL Tees!
Short Sleeve White Fleck Tri-Blend
- The Pumpkin Spice Latte. Okay, obviously… BUT, listen. You can cut the calories. If you just go to Starbucks and order a Pumpkin Spice Latte, they are going to serve you a grande with whole milk and a whopping near 400 calories. It’s true. GASP. And listen, sometimes, it’s okay to just go for it. But, to cut the calories, you can order a tall, nonfat OR almond milk pumpkin spice latte. This cuts out the fat and calories greatly!
- Americano with steamed almond milk and 1 pump of pumpkin! I order this every single time I go to stroll Target. So… usually twice a week. 😉 I order it decaf often since I go in the afternoons, and have usually already had at least 3 cups of coffee by then. This drink order is well under 100 calories, and truly tastes like a pumpkin spice latte minus quite as much sweetness. If the PSL is too sweet for you, this is a great option in general! You could add another pump of pumpkin to really make it strong.
- Chai Latte with 1 pump of pumpkin. I love chai lattes! Packed with nutmeg and cinnamon, adding some pumpkin just makes sense. I order a non-fat tall chai latte (sometimes dirty, which means adding a shot of espresso!), and 1 pump of pumpkin. Again, this is a lot more calorie friendly than the whole milk latte. Minus the espresso, it’s a much nicer, caffeine friendly drink. Still has some, but minus the coffee jitters.
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte with 1 pump of pumpkin. If you have never had a Cinnamon Dolce, you are seriously missing out. I grew up eating cinnamon toast for breakfast, and this literally tastes like hot cinnamon toast with buttery goodness in a cup. Again, cinnamon and pumpkin together just can’t go wrong.
- Coffee Frappuccino with 1 pump of pumpkin and dash of cinnamon. SO DELISH. Non-fat coffee frapps are calorie friendly. Adding a pump of pumpkin and cinnamon is blast of fall, but if like me in Texas, it’s still 85 degrees today and a hot drink maybe doesn’t sound so great… This is a great option for you!
Leave a Reply