I have had so much fun getting to know all of you over the last year and a half. It seriously is so much fun hearing from you, writing posts for you, and creating a genuine community with all of you. I thought that since I see so many new faces (or Insta-handles, I suppose) it could be fun to share 10 facts about me and Paul you might not know. I have felt pretty MIA lately with so much traveling and being sick, but I promise I am getting back into my groove and I can’t freaking wait to share so much exciting news with all of you soon. Life is so fun, and I love getting to live it with ya.
T E N T H I N G S T O K N O W
1. I am the baby of my family by 5 years, and Paul is the oldest. My siblings are barely a year apart, and then I was a surprise while Paul and his brother are barely a year apart. We definitely embody a lot of the cliche sayings about the baby and the oldest, which keeps things pretty interesting around the Morrison household. 😉
2. I was a dancer in high school and Paul was a hockey player. We always joke about how HAPPY we are that we didn’t know each other in high school, because we would have hated each other. (Although, Paul thinks he could have shmoozed me. I beg to differ.) I was a goody two shoes and Paul was a rebel.
3. My favorite show since I was 5 years old has been I Love Lucy. I watch it almost daily, and I can probably tell you the entire plot line of every episode within 10 seconds of the show starting.
4. Everybody thinks Paul and I went to college together, but we didn’t! We went to different schools and met through a mutual friend at church. I happened to sit behind him, and he left church that night telling his friends he was going to marry me.
5. I am an INFJ, which people are always like “Nooo, there’s no way you’re an introvert”, which gets me on my soap box about personality types. Extrovert vs. Introvert in most cases is less to do with social interaction, and more to do with how you connect with people and how you best rejuvenate after a long day or with big crowds. I am definitely a glass of wine and a book or Netflix at the end of the day kind of girl, and I have to challenge myself to go out with people more than once a week. Paul is the opposite. He loves being around people all the time.
6. I studied Broadcast Communications in college with a minor in writing, and my internship was at D Magazine as the Weddings and Mom blogger. It is what gave me a love for this blogging thing, and I learned a lot from that. I had to write as if I was a mom, making meals for her kids with a column “What’s for Lunch and Dinner” and wrote the column “Dress for Less”.
7. I have the world’s biggest sweet tooth- I would totally eat ice cream and cake for the rest of my life- while Paul could care less about chocolate and sweets. But, funnily enough he loves sweet and savory stuff like pineapple pizza or sweet ham.
8. I love each season individually- I get giddy as each one’s distinct smell starts to fill the air. But, by far, Christmas is my favorite time of year. I live for Christmas. My best Halloween outfit ever was dressing up as Jovie with a friend who dressed up as Elf, and we won best costume at a sorority event. Paul is equally as much of a Christmas fan, and it was genuinely something early on in our relationship that we both knew we could date one another because of our ridiculous amount of excitement for Christmas.
9. My most embarrassing moment was during high school in my AP English class. We had weekly themed journals we had to write for a final grade at the end of semester, and we NEVER had to read them out loud… until the worst possible moment came along. Our prompt for that week was to write a piece about something you regretted. So I wrote a great piece about a horrible date I went on with the biggest jerk of the school. The voice of it was great and my descriptives were on point…
Yes. I had to read out loud. Yes. Everyone knew who it was about.
I was absolutely mortified.
10. When I was a little girl, I refused to eat pizza. I know- tragic. I swore I hated it. I also didn’t eat cheesecake until I was a teenager, because I thought that meant it was made out of cheddar or swiss cheese. Now, I would give anything to be able to eat a slice of pizza and cheesecake with my food allergies. I actually have vivid dreams about thick crust pepperoni pizza at least once a week.
All photos for The Cake by Hannah by Cottonwood Road Photography