Now that things are getting back to normal (or should I say falling into a “new normal”?), I am back to meal planning and prepping for our weeks with intentionality. That means well thought out meal plans and grocery lists! Football foods and chilly weather faves are on the brain as our first cold fronts blow through here in Texas. And while our days may start in the 50’s we peak mid-80s in the afternoon… but, none the less… it’s fall y’all. 😉
Here’s a meal plan you can steal for next week that we did this week!
- Whole 30 Nachos!! The boys love bell peppers, so this is a great way to get their veggies in. Paul will likely put the whole “chip” onto a real chip, but I think this recipe will be a hit for us.
- Chicken Tenders on Basmati Rice and Asparagus: I have grown to LOVE throwing frozen chicken into the air fryer. I used to defrost ahead of time, but I have actually found by accident (err forgetting to put out meat ahead of time) that frozen chicken in the air fryer is EXTRA juicy. I throw in the tenders frozen at 400 for about 20 minutes with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil!
- French Toast Casserole: This is basically famous in our home, hehe. My friends ask for it if we are doing a potluck and I always bring it to anything I can get away with it. Wednesdays we have small group with our church, and our potluck theme of the week was family favorite casseroles. So, naturally I brought this one as our contribution and it was a hit!
- Texas Ribs + Mashed Sweet Potato and Broccoli: I am making these tonight and going off of the recipe! We just got an HEB (ALLELUIA!) and bought some boneless beef ribs for $8.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Apple Sausage and Shaved Brussels Sprouts: I cook the sweet potatoes in the Ninja Food at 400 for about 25 minutes. Put chicken broth in the bottom of the pot for soft and smoosh deliciously baked potatoes!