I am so excited for next Saturday for an afternoon at my favorite boutique, Landry Kate! I will doing my first ever pop-up shop for The Cake Shop, and will also be helping you choose those special Valentines Day outfits. Next to Christmas, Valentines Day is my favorite holiday!!! Paul and I got married the day after V-Day, so we make a big hooplah of the 14th and 15th every year. (Which also means I need multiple outfits!)
The best part of the day is that for every Cake purchase you make, you will receive 20% off your entire Landry Kate purchase. (And there will be Nothing Bundt Cakes involved!) Talk about a win-win situation, y’all! I really hope to see you, show you The Cake Shop’s latest collection in person, get you feeling fancy for that hot date, and just have a good time together. 🙂 If you aren’t from Mckinney, but are remotely close, come make a day of Downtown Mckinney. I have fallen in love with our little city since moving here last fall, and I have a few favorite places for you to go to while you’re here!
A Day in Downtown Mckinney
- Breakfast at Spoons- Paul and I do breakfast dates here often. We definitely have a favorite spot- it’s up on the area by the windows! This restaurant feels sort of like eating at Luke’s Diner, country style. If you don’t watch Gilmore Girls, don’t worry about that reference. It’s well-priced, their country potatoes are the bomb, and the coffee is bottomless. It is right across the street from Landry Kate, so you can stop by for brunch and then head over to the shop!
- Landon’s Winery– After you shop, head over to the corner of the street and grab some wine at Landon’s. You are able to order pizza at Cadillac (next door to Landry Kate), and take it with you to the winery! It’s the perfect lunch spot.
- Explore the shops– You can get lost in the downtown square for hours, making your way in and out of the variety of stores they have. Walk off that pizza & wine, and enjoy yourself!
- Patina On The Green- If anything, just stop by for an iced tea and to sit on the patio, but this spot is so cute and a necessary stop. They also happen to have the best tomato soup I have ever tasted.
- Sugar Bacon– After a day of shopping, exploring, and wine, it’s time for dinner at my favorite restaurant in Mckinney! You, duh, absolutely have to try their actual namesake item. Don’t think bacon strips- it’s way better. The tater tots are definitely a must as well. If you like a good cocktail, go for the Bee Sting. Paul and I go to Sugar Bacon about once a week for drinks during happy hour. It’s a really cool vibe! The chicken plate is what I usually order for dinner.
I can’t wait to see you all on the 4th! Love y’all so much.
This sweater is from, none other than, Landry Kate, and you can find my skirt online at Skylar Belle Boutique! (Landon’s Winery is in the background of these pics! Doesn’t it look inviting and so fun?!)
All Photos By Cottonwood Road Photography For The Cake By Hannah