Heya babes! Ok, so we have it down at this point: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is happening. It can totally feel overwhelming trying to navigate what to buy, what’s worth your money, and how to maximize your dollar, though. And believe me, I feel you. Hollaaaaa all you fashionistas on that budget life! Can we get a WITNESS?! Amen.
Right, errr. So, what I was saying is that it can feel overwhelming when there are so many options and so much to sift through. And, in a sale like this for an upcoming season, do I get that trendy blouse I can wear to that one special event? Or, do I maximize my dollar and use this as the chance to prep the base for my closet in the upcoming season? I (if you didn’t guess already) am team maximize every penny you got! So, you voted for this and I am bringing you *drum roll* how to get out of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for $300 (or less!!!).
The basis here: Get staples you can interchange with other pieces you are getting or already have. I am all about utilizing items from your current closet to make as many outfits as possible. My first trip to Nordstrom I brought home a pair of jeans, sneakers, 2 basic tees, a pair of mule slides, and a long line cardigan. My total was WELL UNDER $300. These are all things I needed and finally pulled the trigger on, because I pitched a bunch of stuff from my closet over the last six months. I am discovering how much happier I am with a closet that is full of ONLY items I absolutely love. Anything that doesn’t bring me joy, bye. Thanks Marie Kondo.
Here are my top suggestions to you when trying to get out of the NSale for as little as possible with as MUCH as possible (I will link all my picks underneath this section!):
- Pick some denim you can wear with anything ALL SEASON LONG. I already have a few pairs of great, high-waisted dark denim. So, I opted for a little more playful pair. And y’all, these Levi’s are literally the sisterhood of the traveling pants in real life. They fit me, Hannah H., and Carleigh all like butter and we are all very different heights and shapes! We’ve all worn them way more in the last 2 weeks than any of us would like to admit.
- Pick some basics you can layer with! I have worn my tees I got so many times already. I just feel best in good denim and a great tee.
- Pick 1-2 sweaters! I suggest 1 a cardigan + 1 regular sweater (if you want/need!)
- Pick a bootie or slide you just can’t live without. I feel in love with the mustard BP mules the second I saw them. The more I played with them in the fitting room, the more I saw how versatile they are. So I said YES to the shoe (and… they’re under $50!!!).
- If the budget allows, pick one fun item! Think a fun jacket or skirt that you can mix and match with the other items you bought. For example, if you bought a leopard midi skirt you can pair it with either of your tees + sneakers OR go for the sweater and mules for a little fancier.Once you have your items, play with them. Mix and match them, and make sure every single thing you buy can be worn with a variety of items already in your closet. You should be able to buy something and wear it 5-10 different ways! Don’t get me wrong, fun pieces that aren’t versatile are also fun to have in your closet. BUT, it’s not what I spend my money on when try to get the most bang for my buck. Now, it’s your turn! Go through my categories below and pick 1 from each. Then, if you have left over, add on from there.
Same denim, not at Nordstrom
All of these amazing photos are by Cottonwood Road Photography for The Cake by Hannah