EEEEEP! I cannot believe it’s here. Christmas time has arrived and I am sharing 5 fun things you can do as a family around DFW that is on our Christmas Bucket List! Some of these we’ve done for years, others are new experiences we can’t wait to try out. I hope this helps you plan memories for your own families that they will keep forever!
REMEMBER: Christmas is not about the gifts, the hustle, or even really the day itself. It’s the season and making the most of it. Don’t get caught up in the busy or the superficial side of this season. Soak in every laugh with your kid and make memories! And, above all else, remember why the Christmas season exists. As Christians, the hoopla of Christmas is meant to reflect the party happening inside for us, the celebration that God did what He said He would do. He sent a redeemer, as was foretold for years and years, at the exact perfect time amidst chaos in the land and government to take our place as the sacrifices needed to be connected with God. We were restored, redeemed, and the veil was torn between us and a perfect God.
If you want to read through the very simple truths of the Gospel, whether with your children or for yourself, my 2 week devotional, The Best Gift Ever, is re-printed and releasing next week in The Cake Shop! Don’t miss the chance to set your hearts and minds on the truth behind why we do all that we do this Christmas season. Be sure you’re signed up for my emails to know when the new Christmas Collection officially drops before anybody else.
“For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 6:6
- Wintergreen Christmas Tree Farm: This is the tree farm we have gone to the last 3 years in Van Alstyne, and it feels like taking a step into a Hallmark Movie. They are family owned and the trees go FAST. If you aren’t there the day after Thanksgiving, or the couple to follow at best, you’re out of luck. It’s worth the drive!
- Lights in Deerfield, Plano: This will be our third year driving around this neighborhood looking at lights. It’s THE BEST. The entire neighborhood goes Clark Griswold, and it’s really magical. You will see horse drawn carriages, limos, and families all driving around ooo-ing and awe-ing at the displays. I suggest grabbing a cocoa or cider on your way in to sip, crank up your Christmas tunes, and enjoy a festive evening together as a family.
- NorthPark Santa: You have to make reservations, so don’t make the same mistake we did last year! We got REALLY lucky. You have to go get tickets in the morning for a time slot! This IS THE REAL SANTA. I am certain of it.
- Frisco Wonderland: This is new this year, and I CANNOT WAIT. This requires tickets, but they’re fairly reasonable in my opinion. You are promised snow, sledding, a light maze, and so much more! I think all of us are going to thoroughly enjoy this one. 😉
- Christmas Movies in Moviehouse & Eatery: Elf, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation… All of the goodies. My favorite theatre is playing some of the classics throughout the season, and it’s by far the BEST food and drinks I have come across in a movie theatre. And the COZIEST recliners. I have seen these movies a thousand times, but it just sounds better in a theatre with tasty food. They have an AMAZING cookies and milk plate I highly suggest. The gluten free cookies are SO GOOD and GOOEY!